Estate Administration and Probate
If you are the executor named in a Will or are considering applying to become the Administrator of an Estate (either because there is no Will or the named Executor(s) are unwilling or unable to act) you should ask yourself the following:
- What is my personal liability?
- How do I apply for an estate grant?
- What are the duties associated with being an Executor/ Administrator?
We can help answer these questions and assist you in completing your tasks efficiently, avoiding common pitfalls and protecting you from liability.
We act for Executors, Administrators and Trustees of Wills and Estates. The process to obtain an estate grant and managing an estate can be fraught with legal issues. Our firm can assist you in a variety of ways to alleviate some of the stress. We can assist with:
- Applications for grants of Probate of Wills
- Applications for Grants of Administration when the deceased did not have a will
- Resealing of Grants of Probate or Administration made in other Provinces
- Advising Executors or beneficiaries on Executors’ accounts, remuneration and Releases;
- Assisting in the transfer of estate assets to the beneficiaries;
- Applications for reseal for out of country estates; and
- much more.