Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
Resolving business disputes requires sound counsel with experience in the complex realm of human dynamics, legislation, and shareholder or partnership agreements.
Our lawyers represent and advise partners, shareholders, and business owners in avoiding disputes arising from their ownership and business relationships. Our goal is to resolve these disputes as quickly and cost-efficiently as possible, with an eye to the best interests of our clients, including:
- disputes under shareholder agreements;
- disputes about a right or entitlement to shares;
- disputes about the shareholders’ rights, both majority and minority shareholders;
- claims for shareholders’ remedies against the company and/or other shareholders, including liquidation, oppression remedies and derivative actions;
- disputes under employee shareholder plans and agreements; and
- disputes under employee share or stock purchase and option plans and agreements.
Avoiding such disputes starts with a well negotiated and drafted shareholder or partnership agreement, a key service provided by our Corporate, Commercial and Business Law team. We are also skilled at risk management and believe that by addressing these issues early, we can help our clients avoid costly legal issues that may arise.